York with London Transfer Minicabs
If you want to travel to York, but don’t feel like stressing to catch a train or a coach, London Transfer Minicabs has the solution for you! A comfortable car might be a better option.
York is the county town of the archaic county of Yorkshire, a walled city in northeast England. It was founded by the ancient Romans in 71AD, as Eboracum. In the Middle Ages became the capital of the northern ecclesiastical province of the Church of England, a position it has kept.
Firstly, the town is offering its visitors historical sights, vibrant markets, and great pubs, therefore you can’t get bored.
What to visit while in York
- York Minster, or The Cathedral and Metropolitical Church of Saint Peter is one of the greatest cathedrals in the world. It has large stained glass windows telling the story of Jesus Christ and has attracted millions of visitors.
- St. Mary’s Abbey is a former church dating back in the 11th century, now a modern art gallery.
- Shambles Market is an outdoor traditional market with over 70 stalls. It offers fresh flowers, fruit and veggies, excellent street food and a plethora of everyday items. If you are searching for local arts and crafts, this is the place for you.
- Jorvik Viking Center is a museum opened in 1984, depicting the life of the Vikings in the area.
- York Castle is located on the south side of the river Foss. Originally built in 1068, it was reinforced many times throughout the time. A great place to explore by families. After you climbed the stairs, the panorama is breathtaking.
There is a lot more to admire in the historic city. We hope you’ve got some ideas now on where to start from.