June is a lively month that hosts some of London’s most famous royal events, along with outdoor festivals, free entertainment, sports, and more, which draw some serious crowds every year. For starters, the Queen celebrates her birthday on 9 June with a spectacular military parade called Trooping the Colour. If you want to enjoy all the pageantry and pomp of the day, just head to The Mall! Love military displays? The Changing of Guard ceremony outside Buckingham Palace and the Household Division’s Beating Retreat(June 6 to June 7) are spectacles that will please you greatly.
Image taken from: The Household Division
Some Relaxing Time
With skies clearing up and the weather becoming warmer, a London beer garden is the ideal place to chill out, enjoy your drink, and soak up the sunshine. The good news is that you can find anything from shady courtyards to family-friendly lawns, as many London pubs, like The Albion in Islington, The Gipsy Moth next to Cutty Sark (one of Greenwich’s most famous landmarks), The Avalon in Clapham, and The Crabtree in Fulham have beautiful outdoor spaces with gorgeous views.
Want to see London from a different angle and savour fantastic cityscapes? Then make sure you visit a rooftop bar or terrace like:
- Lost Vegas (at the Queen of Hoxton)– The hangout transforms into a playground for grown-ups, with outdoor cinema screenings, boozy ice pops, and more.
- Skylight London – A vibrant bar that also houses a series of fun competitions, like lawn bowls and croquet.
- Bussey Rooftop Bar (Peckham) –Amazing panoramas of the city, palate-pleasing street food, fresh cocktails, and a great environment to relish the sun.
- Dalston Roof Park –A social hub that will treat you with live gigs, film nights, and other special events.
- Coq d’Argent –Come for lunch or have a cocktail and take in the fab views at sunset. An elegant space; perfect for special celebrations, perched on the roof of No.1 Poultry.
- The HSBC World Rugby Sevens Series (Twickenham Stadium)– From June 2 to June 3, you get the chance to see top teams battle it out.
- The UIM F1H2O World Championships – The Royal Victoria Dock draws all attention with a plethora of powerboats racing around it with the championship (June 15-17).
- Royal Ascot – Horse racing at its finest. Also, lots of off-field entertainment to be appreciated (June 19-23).
Image taken from: Powerboat Racing World
Annual June Events
- The Open Garden Squares Weekend– Hidden green spaces and private gardens open their doors only for 2 days in June and give you the chance to admire their greatness (June 9-10).
- The Taste of London Festival – Get served delicious food from top chefs in Regent Park from June 13 until June 17.
- West End LIVE – Head to Trafalgar Square this June 16 and 17, and watch the cast of the West End’s top musicals and shows take to the stage.
And, don’t forget. Many attractions and restaurants all over London will have offers and events for Father’s Day (June 17)!
Image taken from: Hampton Court Palace Festival 2018
- The Sounds like London Festival– From June 1 and throughout the entire month, London’s amazing grassroots music scene can keep you on your toes!
- Pride in London – The British capital’s LGBT+ community celebrates with lots of activities and events which include parties, cinema, art, and dance (June 9 until July 7).
- Hampton Court Palace Festival – A beautiful open-air Tudor courtyard (Henry VIII’s palace) welcomes top performers like Paloma Faith, The Beach Boys, and Lionel Richie on stage. While waiting for the show to begin, you may also enjoy a picnic in the bewildering grounds. That aside, the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra will accompany you to an evening of breath-taking fireworks.
Enjoy your June exploration of the vibrant British capital! And, as always, if you want to experience all these fantastic events with utmost comfort, your London Transfer Minicabs private driver and a deluxe car is just a phone call away!