A new exciting week has just begun, and there are more gigs, thrilling matches, tournaments, and special events promising lots of family fun scheduled from May 21stuntil the end of May than one can count! Without further ado, and in hopes of pleasing as many of you as possible, we give you the top 22 events that deserve a spot on your to-do list these last 10 days of May, according to our event specialists!
For Music & Party Lovers
Everybody seems to be talking about:
- Ben Folds (Barbican Hall)– The talented artist will hit the stage accompanied only by a single grand piano and will remind us of some old classic tracks, as well as his latest releases (May 23rd).
- Cigarettes After Sex (O2 Academy, Brixton) – The favourite group has prepared a special London headline show to celebrate the release of their debut album early this year (May 24th).
- Slam Dunk Festival 2018 South Official Pre-Party (O2 Academy, Islington) – Coming from the heart of LA straight to the beating British capital, Emo Nite(as part of the SDF 2018 South Official Pre-Party) has a lot to surprise you with; from live performances to guest DJs from Creeper, Grayscale, John Feldmann of Goldfinger, and Brian Macdonald of PVRIS. If you are fond of rock, punk, metal, or alternative music this is an event you simply can’t afford to miss (May 25th)!
- All Points East (Victoria Park) – Expect a 3-day music festival, three enormous APE Presents headline shows, and a community-focused programme, running from May 25 until June 3.
Image taken from: Twitter
For Sports Enthusiasts
- Bellator 200 (The SSE Arena, Wembley)– Be there to view Rafael Carvalho exchange punches with Gegard Mousasi this May 5, 2018.
- Aviva Premiership Rugby Final (Twickenham Stadium)– We mentioned that already in our previous post but since the time has come for the big finals in the rugby calendar, we thought we’d give you a heads up! (May 26)
- Quilter Cup (Twickenham Stadium) – England is about to take on Barbarians. Let’s see who gets to win the Cup this May, 27th2018!
Image taken from: AXS
For Plays and Musicals Fans
From cutting-edge plays and award-winning musicals to classic productions, your heart will leap from joy at West End Theatre. Enjoy the Phantom of the Opera (playing for 31 years non-stop), 42ndStreet, a Broadway hit filled with glamour and glitz, Les Miserables musical that has now become legendary, as well as the smash hit musicals On your Feet! and King and I coming directly from Broadway for a limited run. And, if you fancy Tina Turner, then The Tina Turner Musical is definitely your thing! As for theatre productions, we suggest Pinter at the Pinter and Killer Joe. You can thank us later!
Finally, for some good laugh, try The Comedy Store (Oxendon Street) – stand-up featuring up-and-coming comedians. Also guaranteed to bust your gut is Mo the Comedian, a fast-rising UK star, in his Couple Cans Tour (Leicester Square Theatre). Hurry up, though. Only until June 6, 2018. And, don’t forget to join Jess Robinson, Britain’s Got Talent 2017 semi-finalist at Underbelly Festival from May 31 till July 5.
Image taken from: ents24
Get the kids to Dinosaurs in The Wild (Greenwich Peninsula) before May 25 for a journey in the past, then to The Original Harlem Globe-Trotters (the SSE Arena) until May 28 to see fantastic basketball skills from Harlem Globetrotters, and end your days of fun with the best in circus (see Circolombia in Southbank) and more family entertainment (see Shakesper-ience – Shakespeare’s Men fly through Romeo & Juliet, Macbeth and other classics, providing 60 minutes of exceptional storytelling).
Image taken from: Harlem Globetrotters